Lead time for discounted direct-from-factory 10-pack average 3 to 4 months. See single hose SKU if faster shipping required.
Our "Made in the USA" double jacket lay-flat hose meets and exceeds all NFPA 1961 standards. This hose is constructed of an EPDM synthetic rubber tube and a double layer of 100% polyester woven jackets. The rubber lining is a single-ply extruded tube of synthetic EPDM compounded to resist ozone. Double jacket refers to the second layer polyester covering woven from staple polyester yarn added for increased abrasion resistance.
Five inch hoses with storz couplings are more common in the fire service than five inch double jacket hoses with expansion ring couplings. Also, five inch rubber covered hoses with storz couplings are in stock and less expensive.
How To Purchase Fire Hose
- Always ask where the hose is manufactured - Buy American!
- Adding color impregnation improves durability compared to untreated white hose
- 50 foot lengths are easier to handle and offer more layout flexibility vs. 100 foot lengths
- The most common hose, thread and couplings in use by fire departments today is double jacket hose with aluminum NH / NST
- Double jacket hose with any color is the most durable hose available
- Municipal Fire Departments
- De-contamination / Wash Down
- Fire Rescue
- Chemical Fire Protection
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Use
Test Ratings (Water Only With Expansion Ring Couplings)
- Service Pressure (A 3-minute hydrostatic test conducted by users on in-service hose to determine suitability for continued service)
- Proof Test Pressure (A pressure equal to a least two times the service test pressure)
- PSI Burst Test Pressure
Freight Charge $125 Per 300lb Shipment (Maximum Charge of $375). For freight shipments, please provide a commercial address located in a business district with a business name. Freight deliveries to residential addresses or limited access sites (military, schools, etc.), as well as destinations determined to be in need of a lift gate, will incur an additional charge(s). If you are unsure whether your address listed is residential or commercial, please contact us directly.
Limited 10-Year Warranty
We will replace any fire hose with manufacturer defects in material and workmanship. All warranty claims must be returned to us for inspection before we determine a solution.
Our warranty does not cover gaskets, shipping cost, cosmetic damages, normal wear-and-tear, improper use or chemical damage.
Fire hoses purchased for use at Fire Training Facilities will have a 90-day Manufacturer Defect warranty only.
Upon receipt of the returned goods, hoses will be subject to inspection and testing.
Should it be determined that the hose is covered by warranty, it will be repaired or replaced.
- The female side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a male NH / NST connection
- The male side of a NH / NST coupling will only connect to a female NH / NST connection
- The female side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a male NPT pipe or a male NPSH connection
- The male side of a NPSH coupling will only connect to a female NPSH connection. It will NOT thread into a female NPT pipe. For example, a male NPSH coupling will NOT thread into a female metal or pvc pipe.
- The female side of a garden hose will only connect to a male garden hose connection.
- The male side of a garden hose will only connect to a female garden hose connection.
The most common thread type in use by fire departments today is NST or National Standard Thread. NST also goes by the initials NH or National Hose. It can even be referred to as NHT or National Hose Thread but NST or NH is more common these days. NH = NST